At The Mount we exist
"To glorify God as disciples making disciples through the gospel of Jesus Christ."
What We Believe
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His bodily future return to this earth in power and glory.
- Salvation is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior through repentance and faith.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential and salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, to the glory of God alone.
- Those whom God has accepted in Christ, and sanctified by His spirit will never fall away from the state of grace, but shall persevere to the end.
- Every believer is empowered by the Holy Spirit, and can exercise the gifts of the Spirit for the purpose of edification to the Body of Christ.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a virtuous life.
- In the resurrection of the saved and the lost; the saved to everlasting life and the lost to everlasting damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work. " 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Therefore, we place our lives underneath God's Word as ultimate and final authority in all thought, word and deed both individually and corporately.
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:1-2
Therefore we seek time to worship God, giving of our time, abilities, finances and resources in service to Him, because all things come from Him and are to be stewarded toward Him.
"And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. And all who believed were together
and had all things in common." Acts 2:42-44
Therefore for the fostering of spiritual growth of each family member, we equip the men, when possible, as spiritual heads of the household to lead their family through prayer, worship and a lifestyle of honoring Jesus. This is done alongside of walking in biblical community, with others in the body, for the continued spiritual maturity of the church and advancement of the gospel.
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16
Therefore we equip every believer to live a life daily that would shine the light of Jesus through serving others around them and speaking truth to them, for the glory of God alone.