Here is a brief summary of some foundational beliefs we hold to at The Mount:
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His bodily future return to this earth in power and glory.
- Salvation is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior through repentance and faith.
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential and salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, to the glory of God alone.
- Those whom God has accepted in Christ, and sanctified by His spirit will never fall away from the state of grace, but shall persevere to the end.
- Every believer is empowered by the Holy Spirit, and can exercise the gifts of the Spirit for the purpose of edification to the Body of Christ.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a virtuous life.
- In the resurrection of the saved and the lost; the saved to everlasting life and the lost to everlasting damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.