Dear Mount Church Family and Friends:
I truly love this time of year – Parties, Christmas trees, Hot Chocolate and the spirit of generosity that seems to swell up in our society. There’s something about peace on earth and goodwill towards men that makes me think about other people a little more than usual.
On behalf of the elders, we are inviting everyone connected to The Mount to prayerfully consider joining us in our end of year offering, The Gift. The idea of The GIFT offering is to leverage momentum of the giving season to make a huge impact, TOGETHER. 100% of the money given to this offering will be given to fund following much needed improvements around the campus and missions around the world!
- Missions. We look forward to impacting souls both locally and around the globe! 10% of every dollar given will go directly to support mission work both locally and globally. (House of Moses, New Mexico Mission, SBTC Church Planting in TX, Beautiful Feet and Truth Renewed Ministries)
- Sidewalk expansion and covering. With the tremendous growth God continues to provide for us, we need to expand and rework the sidewalk between the Worship Center and Children’s Building. We can’t wait to see more and more families walking together across this expended and covered walkway.
- Roof repair. The roofs of our buildings are all more than 10 years old and now all have leaks when the rain comes. We look forward to being able to keep water out of all our buildings for years to come.
- New carpet for the Worship Center. This has been a big need for the past couple of years and we’re looking forward to upgrading.
- Worship Center lighting. We look forward to replacing the current gymnasium lighting for fully functional and more energy efficient lighting system for everyone to enjoy each Sunday as we worship together and study God’s word.
The estimated need to fulfill the above projects is: $100,000!
This year we are doing things a little bit different. We aren’t doing a huge campaign push from the “stage”. Instead we are asking you as part of The Mount family to ask God what He would have you give and obey His leading. Together we will pray, trust, obey and give joyfully. We can’t wait to see what God does!
When giving toward this all you need to do is write: THE GIFT in the memo line of your check or select THE GIFT from the dropdown menu when GIVING ONLINE.
Please pray about participating and jump in with us. God has given us a great mission, and we’re blessed to be able to join him in reaching our community for Christ and advancing the Gospel around the world.
"Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7
BEING changed and BRINGING change TOGETHER,