11/26 Family Worship - No Sun AM CG’s & No students or kids ministries (except Babies-2y/o's)
12/1 Holly Days - Great family event! Serve as a CG! Select your CG when registering…
- Sign up at themount.church/events
12/3 Family Meeting - Join us at The Mount Alliance at 3:30pm! Come see Alliance location as
we Celebrate 2017, Share Vision & budget for 2018!
12/8 Student Christmas Camp - Fri/Sat 12/8-12/9; $50; info at themount.church/events
12/9 Ornaments of JOY - A Women’s Christmas Gathering, 11am-1pm in Chapel; bring
wrapped ornament, a Christmas snack to share, and a friend or two!
“Share a piece of good news that you couldn’t wait to tell someone. (recent or old)”
“Attitude of Gratitude” - Col 4:2 says, “Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.” - Keep praying…being thankful! Last week we looked at the WHY for having an attitude of gratitude; we looked at WHO God is and WHAT He has done for us. These truths should capture our heart and soul with our lives oozing with thankfulness. But HOW? What are ways we can show or display our gratitude for the Lord? - Should we wait to tell someone?!?
Key Passages: 1 Chron 16:8 (extended reading 4-36), Psalm 28:7, Eph 5:18-20
(Leader: questions provided are a “guide”; use some or all as you deem what is best for your group and time)
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- Read 1 Chron 16:8; what 3 things are we told to do? (give thanks, call on God - it is good to use His name, make know his deeds)
- How can we “make known his deeds among the peoples”? (practical and real; make list)
- Option: Read v4-36 to gain full perspective of David’s heart for the people to be thankful.
- Read Josh 4:20-24. One roadblock to being thankful is being forgetful. What can we takeaway from this practice of the Israelites to help us be thankful?
- But it wasn’t enough for that Israelite generation to just “remember”, what else were they to do?” (Speak up and tell others)
- Is it OK to brag on God? (of course it is) Then why don’t we do it more? (gratitude is at the heart of giving God glory)
- You make the green light, you thank God… you hear a good report from a friend in hospital, you thank God… you open a bill to find it less than expected, you thank God… but what about the bad news, the hard times…
- What are some ways to stay thankful to God even in hard and difficult times? (Ps 28, Job 1:21; praise Him, music, read His Word, remember things He has done, wise counsel, etc)
- Discuss the connection between thankfulness and a heart of worship.
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for a unified, collective heart of gratitude among the church body. Pray that God would continue to grow an attitude in the believers of The Mount of thankfulness, generosity and unity.
RESOURCES and FURTHER STUDY
Great online articles with multiple bible references for further study:
We are made to give God glory… to live and show gratitude toward Him… “Ingratitude was at the heart of the fall, and at the heart of what’s fallen about us to this day.” (Ann Voskamp) Don’t be an “ingrate”! (Defn: ingrate - an ungrateful person)