“Do you have a favorite food that you crave most often?”
10/23 Baptism Sunday & Family dedication register online
10/31 Fall Fest - candy donations & volunteers; more info at themount.church/fallfest
11/6 Orphan Care Sunday - special day focusing on why/how the church can help care for orphans
11/11-12 Men’s Retreat - save the date! More info and registration coming soon.
eek 3 of 1st Peter, “Anchored in Hope”: Chapter 1:22 - 2:3. Peter tells believers about the importance of loving one another and how to live in the Word. What would it mean to crave God's Word the way we crave our favorite food?
Key Passages: 1 Peter 1:22-2:3, Rom 12:9, Heb 13:1, 1 John 4:19; Ps 34:8, Joshua 1:8, Ps 1:1-2
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- Re-read 1 Peter 1:22-2:3. What does it mean to you to love? How would you define love? How would you explain it to someone?
- What would it mean to love with vigor and earnestness? What are some examples?
- Why can't love be done with pretense (by putting on an act or faking)?
- Is this a good summary statement: “Christians must love because they have been born again through God’s imperishable Word of truth.” Why or why not?
- For reflection & discussion: Do you cry out for greater depth and implication of the Word? Do you seek greater awareness of God's precepts so you can grow more and be used more? If not, what and why do you think you are here? (Consider church, family, work, and life in general.)
- What do you need to do to grow in the Word? How can we grow in the Word?
- Read Joshua 1:8 and Psalm 1:1-2. What does it mean to meditate on the Word?
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray that as Christians we will love others in the church and outside with a true and fervent love; and pray for a renewed desire to know, understand and live in God’s Word.