“What length of a nap is “just right” for you?”
11/20 Operation Christmas Child - final drop off date; deliver to church by Sunday 11/20
11/20 Orphan Care Fellowship - 4:30-6pm Student Center
11/23-24 Thanksgiving - No Wed night CG’s, Students or Kids ministries on 11/23
11/27 New Advent Sermon Series - Family Advent Guide coming soon! Be here on 11/27! :)
12/4 Family Meeting - semi-annual business meeting 4:00pm
12/9 “Simply Still” - Ladies Christmas Event - 7:00pm; Ladies, save the date.
“Lessons from Sabbatical” - This week may look a little different as Ryan shares his big takeaways and lessons learned from his time of rest. The questions below are great reflection points for each family, church member and the church as a whole. Take notes during sermon to help lead discussion.
Key Passages: _______________________________________________________________
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- What are the rhythms of rest you have in your life? What rhythms are in your family?
- What do you need to stop doing so that you can hear from the Lord regularly? What do you need to start doing?
- What does your regular time with the Lord look like? How are you making time to be with the Lord?
- When is the last time you stopped to examine where you and your family are in life? Is your life headed where you feel the Lord wants it too? What adjustments should you make now to get where God wants you tomorrow?
- Are you praying like you mean it? When you pray, are you praying expecting God to answer? Are you praying more out of duty or out of delight?
- Do you believe God can use you? Do you believe God wants to use you? Are you asking God to use you? Why or why not?
- Every member matters. It matters if they are present. It matters if they are active. It matters if they are growing. It matters if they are serving. It matters if they are giving. As a member, are you doing your part?
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for the spiritual health & maturity of the members/attenders of The Mount, specifically that we would not be deceived but would honestly examine our lives with help from the Holy Spirit… for any unrepentant sin, for awareness of where/when rest is needed, for any areas of life not surrendered to Christ.