“Tell of a time when you had to wait for something or someone to arrive.” (a person, a gift, an amazon order, a holiday, etc)
11/27 Advent Sermon Series Begins - the Advent Family Worship Guide is available online at themount.church/advent
12/4 Meet The Mount - after 2nd service, for guests interested in learning more about The Mount
12/4 Family Meeting - semi-annual business meeting 4:00pm
12/9 “Simply Still” - Ladies Christmas Event - 7:00pm; Ladies, save the date.
12/14 Jingle Jam - Wednesday night Kids Christmas event 6:30-7:45
12/21 & 12/28 No Wed Night ministries - no groups, no kids & no student activities
12/24 & 12/25 Christmas - Identical services, Christmas Eve 3 & 4:30pm and Christmas Day 10:30am
“Advent” - For many Christians, the Advent season is a time of prayer and fasting. We will spend the next 4 weeks examining the One who has come, the One who ushered in the time of the new covenant - Jesus Christ! Remember to encourage your families to use the Advent Family Worship Guide they received at church on 11/27 or to access it digitally at themount.church/advent.
Key Passages: Gen 3:15; Isaiah 9:2-7; Isaiah 53:4-7
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- Review the meaning of “Advent”; what does “Advent” mean? (the coming of a notable person or the coming into being of something; review gotquestions link about Advent)
- The people of God waited thousands of years for God’s promises of a savior to come. Is it hard to wait on God? What can God teach us through making us wait?
- The Bible promises that Jesus would bring light to the world. What are some examples of how the world is dark? Why do we need light?
- Read Isaiah 53:4-7. How is it shocking that Jesus came to the world for sheep?
- What does reading fulfilled prophecies do for your faith?
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for increased faith and boldness among the The Mount people; that we would be a bright light in this dark world and proclaim the wonderful truth that the promised King has arrived!