“What is the greatest gift you've ever received at Christmas?”
12/11 Adoption & Foster Care Meeting - 10:30am during 2nd service in Student Center
12/14 Jingle Jam - Wednesday night Kids Christmas event 6:30-7:45
12/21 & 12/28 No Wed Night ministries - no groups, no kids & no student activities
12/24 & 12/25 Christmas - Identical services, Christmas Eve 3:00 & 4:30pm, Christmas Day 10:30am
1/1 Family Worship Services - childcare 2 and under available for 9 & 10:30 services
1/4 "Membership" Training - all invited to a training night for all church volunteers 6:30pm
“Advent” - the arrival of a notable person or event. We have looked at elements of Jesus as the “Promised King” and the “Coming King”. This week we look at Jesus as the Loving King" - the realization and demonstration of God's love.
Key Passages: Romans 5:8, John 3:16, John 15:12, Mark 15:33-39
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- What are some of the characteristics of God's love? (Sacrificial, visible, tangible)
- What are some differences between love from a worldly perspective and love from a godly perspective?
- Read Romans 5:6-11. What do we learn about God's love from this passage?
- Read John 15:12. How are you loving like the King loved? How can we improve at loving one another?
- Share one person you need to show (a better version of) God's love to this week.
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for The Mount church to love Jesus unashamedly and to love one another well enough that the world around us wants to be a part of it.