ICE BREAKER - “Describe a time when you have been lost?”
3/12-3/19 Haiti Mission Trip - Pray for gospel impact and life change!
3/16 NO Wednesday night activities (CG’s, Students, Kids) on campus - off for Spring Break
3/19 Egg Scramble - encourage to VOLUNTEER via APP or at themount.church/eggscramble
3/20 Family Dedication - themount.church/dedication
3/25 Good Friday 6:30pm & 3/27 Easter Sunday 8:30, 10:00 & 11:30am. Who are you inviting?
3/30 Family OUTREACH Night- gospel-centered comedian/illusionist Jared Hall; bring someone who does not know Jesus!
The “I AM” series is a highlighted look at these unique proclamations by Jesus on who He is. So far we have examined Jesus as “the bread of life”, “the light of the world”, “the door of the sheep”, “the good shepherd” and “the resurrection and the life”. This week we look at Jesus’ statement, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life…” in John 14:6. Jesus does not say he knows the way, or the process or the recipe to get to the Father but rather Jesus says he IS the way. The way is He.
Key Passages: John 13:36 - 14:11, Heb 10:19-22, Acts 4:12, Eph 2:18, 1 Jn 5:20, Jn 11:25-26
- Have someone review the primary sermon points to refresh the message (or have a volunteer do this).
- Have someone read John 13:36 - 14:11, Jesus is telling his disciples that He is leaving but they can’t come & they don’t understand. Jesus is speaking here both physically and spiritually; in v5 Thomas is looking for directions on how to get where Jesus is going. In what ways is Jesus speaking… physically? … spiritually? (Our place and His place in heaven, His triumphant return, salvation, etc)
- Has anyone ever been in a position similar to Thomas… ‘I don’t know the destination nor how to get there’? Physically or spiritually-speaking… please share. (think of personal experience)
- Describe the feeling a traveller might have if he/she: (ask one at a time)
- … is lost but doesn’t know it (ignorance is bliss,…)
- … is lost but doesn’t care (carefree, life without purpose, no responsibilities,…)
- … is lost, knows it but doesn’t know the way (concerned, scared, anxious for directions,…)
- … is not lost and is headed in the right direction (peace, purpose, on mission,…)
- How do these relate spiritually?
- With over 100,000 people that don’t know Christ within 5 mile radius of The Mount, surely there are those with questions like Thomas v5 and Philip v8. If we have the “directions” for the lost, shouldn’t we share?
- Ask what other personal observations or takeaways your group had from the sermon.
Pray for the more than 100,000 people in this area to know Jesus AND pray earnestly for the Lord to send laborers (Mt 9:37-38).