“Are you more… ‘Patient & Passive’… or …’Impatient & Aggressive’?”
3/9 Egg Preparation & Prayer Wed 6:30-7:45 - Bring Candy
3/12-3/19 Haiti Mission Trip - Pray! :)
3/16 NO Wednesday night activities (CG’s, Students, Kids) on campus - off for Spring Break
3/19 Egg Scramble - PLEASE ask CG to bring CANDY… and to VOLUNTEER! :)
3/25 Good Friday service 6:30pm
3/27 Easter Sunday services 8:30, 10:00 & 11:30am. Who are you inviting?
- Church App - Share prayer requests, Give, Sermons, Events, Leader Guides & More
The “I AM” series is a highlighted look at these unique proclamations by Jesus on who He is. So far we have examined Jesus as “the bread of life”, “the light of the world”, “the door of the sheep” and “the good shepherd”. This week we look at Jesus statement, “I am the resurrection and the life”. Often Jesus’ followers and friends would misunderstand Him by jumping to “physical” conclusions to His statements rather than “spiritual” applications. Here in John 11 we see Martha interpreting Jesus’s statement that Lazarus would rise again as a “spiritual” reference to an eventual life in heaven but Jesus offers us LIFE now through His victory over death. (v23-25)
Key Passages: John 11:1-27, Matthew 25:31-46, ___________________________________________
- Have someone read John 11:1-27 and review the primary sermon points to refresh the message (or have a volunteer do this).
- Jesus did not go to Lazarus right away (v6). Share a time when you had to wait on the Lord. What is like waiting for the Lord to answer?
- Why did Jesus delay in going to Lazarus? See v4. (“for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified”)
- In v11-13 we see Jesus’ disciples misunderstand Jesus (again). Jesus is trying to point them to understanding His power of death. What resources do we have to help us “understand” God’s Word and will for our life? (Bible*, study resources, believing friends, past experiences of God’s faithfulness; view in light of v4 “it is for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it.”, etc) (*Interpret the unclear passages in Scripture in light of the clear. www.lifeway.com/pastors/2014/03/12/7-principles-of-biblical-interpretation)
- What does Jesus do in v14-15 for his disciples? In what ways does Jesus do this for us? (speaks to them “plainly”, orchestrates events for us to believe)
- Eternity is a certainty for all of us (Mt 25:46); how does this motivate us to tell others about Jesus? Who do you need to tell?
- Ask what other personal observations or takeaways your group had from the sermon.
Pray that weight of eternity would drive us all to tell our family, friends and neighbors about the hope that we have… to tell about Jesus and how they too can have life, peace, joy and eternal life.