“Who was your most memorable teacher growing up?”
4/29-5/1 Student D-Now Weekend “FADE”
5/1 Baptism Sunday
6/12-6/17 Student’s Community Rehab Project
6/20-6/23 Kid’s "Student Life for Kids" Summer Camp
6/26-6/30 Kid’s VBS 6:00pm
7/16-7/21 Student’s "Student Life” Summer Camp
We continue in John 16 this week looking at something Jesus says He is going to send to his disciples in verses 5-15. Jesus says that He must go to his Father so He can send them (and you and I) the “Helper”. We will look the work and role of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
Good short resource on help of Holy Spirit: www.gotquestions.org/Spirit-today.html
Key Passages: John 16:5-15, John 15:26-27, 1 Cor 12:3, John 14:16-17,25-26
- Have someone review the primary sermon points to refresh the message (or have a volunteer do this). Re-read John 15:26-16:15.
- How do we benefit by… or is it to our advantage for… Jesus going to be with the Father (v5-7)? (Helper sent to every believer; more comforted, better understanding, empowered, etc)
- Think about the disciples…
- How would you characterize them BEFORE Jesus left? (Confused, thick-headed, afraid, selfish, self-centered)
- How would you characterize them AFTER Jesus left, and AFTER the Helper had come? (wise, surrendered, bold, and giving)
- How does John 14:26 encourage you? (teach you all things and help remember God’s Word, promises and truths)
- As a Christian, the work & role of the Holy Spirit in our lives is a true gift from God. What are you most thankful about regarding the “help” of the Holy Spirit?
- Ask what other personal observations or takeaways your group had from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for us to live empowered lives of wisdom, surrender, boldness and generosity; for the Holy Spirit to so fill us that the world around us can’t help but see and hear Jesus in us.