“What is your best injury or scar story?”
5/8 Mother’s Day
5/15 Graduate Recognition Sunday
6/12-6/17 Student’s Community Rehab Project
6/20-6/23 Kid’s "Student Life for Kids" Summer Camp
6/26-6/30 Kid’s VBS 6:00pm
7/16-7/21 Student’s "Student Life” Summer Camp
Shane Pruitt, Director of Missions with the SBTC. Big Idea: Happiness is not a bad thing. Happiness is a good thing, however, we need to realize that JOY is greater. Happiness comes for the word "happenstance" that is built on the word “circumstance", so often our happiness is tied directly to our circumstances. Where happiness is often dictated by outward circumstances… Joy is built on an inward presence of Jesus. In all circumstances, Joy remains because Jesus remains.
Key Passages: Philippians 1:12-14; 4:4-7; 4:10-13
- Have someone review the primary sermon points to refresh the message (or have a volunteer do this). Re-read key passages.
- Joy is built on a person, happiness is dictated by circumstances (Philippians 1:12 – 14)
- * Where is Paul while he is writing this letter? How challenging and encouraging is it to know that Paul was writing an entire letter about joy from prison?
- * Paul didn’t let his circumstances dictate him, Joy was dictating him. How often do we miss out on the mission God has for us to encourage others in our suffering, because we’re too busy focusing on the circumstances?
- * How has someone else’s Joy in the midst of suffering encouraged you?
- Joy is always here, because the Lord is always here (Philippians 4:4 – 7)
- * What does it look like to rejoice in all seasons and all circumstances?
- * How comforting is it know that the Lord is always at hand?
- * What is peace that surpasses all understanding?
- Joy has a name. That name is Jesus. (Philippians 4:10 – 13)
- * What does it mean to be content in the Lord?
- * Philippians 4:13 has to be one of the most misquoted verses in all the Bible. What does Philippians 4:13 really mean in it’s context?
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for the believers at The Mount to live in JOY… in a way showing… “Joy is built on an inward presence of Jesus. In all circumstances, Joy remains because Jesus remains”.