“Share if you grew up in church or if church is somewhat new to you.”
7/16-7/21 Student’s "Student Life” Summer Camp
7/20 Kid’s 3rd-5th Pool Party 6-8pm
7/24 Baptism Sunday more info on getting baptized at themount.church/baptism
8/3 Wet-n-Wild Family Night Wednesday night; all invited
8/7 Promotion Sunday for pre-K - 5th grades
“We Are The Church” - Mission. “GO”… one of our two continual realities for Covenant Members (see subtitle above center). And as the Great Commission states in Matt 28, we are to be “discipling” or “making disciples” as we GO, baptize and teach. The Bible is clear we are to be “on mission” for Christ in our daily lives and to the ends of the earth. As a great man of God in our church often says, “just GO AHEAD and tell them about Jesus.”
Key Passages: Acts 2:46-47, Matt 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, Mark 16:15
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- What is “missions”? What is a missionary? What is evangelism? (ask each question)
- What is the difference between them? … between “being a missionary” and living “on mission”? (every Christian is on mission; “missions” think missionary; “living on mission” think evangelism; missionaries are sent by church somewhere “to live on mission”)
- What is more important… mission work overseas or in your neighborhood? What is the goal of missions? (both important; disciples)
- Read Acts 2:46-47; what were they doing in v46-47a? (gathering around bible teaching, worshiping, eating likely both Lord’s Supper and meals together, thankful, praising God, having favor in community) And what resulted from the early church living this way? (salvations, aka “making disciples”)
- How do we live “on mission” individually? … as a CG? … as a church? How can we support our missionaries individually?… as a CG” … as a church?
- Read Mark 16:15; do you feel equipped to “go into all the world and proclaim the gospel”? How can the church help equip?
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for our missionaries Kody & Jennifer Wetzold (New Mexico), Barron & Emily Beltz (Berlin), House of Moses (Haiti). Pray for us all to “live ON MISSION” and that we would “go ahead and tell them”. Pray for the 82 students and leaders at Student Camp this week.