“Share the name of a “leader” in your life that you admire or has impacted you positively.”
8/3 Wet-n-Wild Family Night Wednesday night; all invited
8/7 Promotion Sunday for pre-K - 5th grades
8/31 Student ‘Paint Powder Party’ Night (aka “Color Wars”)…big invite event for students
“We Are The Church” - Structured Under Qualified Leadership. God’s plan was and is to use the church to spread His name across the globe making disciples all for His glory. Scripture tells us that the church is to have Order, Authority structure and Qualified Leadership.
Key Passages: Acts 2:46-47, Matt 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, Mark 16:15
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- In what ways is the church "organized"? Or what structure or order is seen in the church?
- Read Hebrews 13:17, discuss as a group the challenges today when asked to “obey" and/or “submit”? (most people get uncomfortable with the word obey.)
- Speaking of Leadership, how is the word “qualified" looked at differently in the world compared to in the church? (World emphasizes merit and performance; God emphasizes character and heart, 1 Samuel 16:7)
- How can church members (and Community Groups) support and help church leadership? - Pray, Obey, Serve
- Anyone remember the process for submitting a deacon candidate or elder candidate name to leadership? (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for our leadership by name:
Elders: Ryan Fontenot, Mark Myers, Kai Pinkerton, Lucky Randolph; elder candidate: Joe Case
Deacons: Jim Faber, Josh Kovar, Joe Zeman
Book: “Gospel Eldership” by Bob Thume
Book: “Biblical Eldership” by Alexander Strauch
Book: “On Church Leadership” by Mark Driscoll