Consider taking some time at the beginning of group this week to discuss recent events in Dallas and country (shootings, racial tension) allowing people to share their thoughts, concerns, prayers, etc. Pray as a group or ask one to pray for the hurting, the lost and for the good that God will bring out of the tragedy.
7/10 Family Meeting - our semi-annual business meeting 4:00pm
5:30pm VBS Follow-Up (outreach opportunity taking gift/welcome bags by homes)
7/16-7/21 Student’s "Student Life” Summer Camp
7/24 Baptism Sunday more info on getting baptized at themount.church/baptism
8/3 Wet-n-Wild Family Night Wednesday night; all invited
“We Are The Church” - Serve and Sacrifice. The big picture this week is that we are to be a people where we serve together and sacrifice together. We are called to serve with our time, talents and tithes thus we are called to sacrifice (surrender of something for the sake of something else) our time, talents and tithes for the good of others and the advancement of the gospel. And "while our salvation is not determined by works, true Christian faith evidences itself in good works and caring for our neighbors.” Ephesians 2:10
Key Passages: Acts 2:44-45, Philippians 2:1-8, 1 Peter 4:8-11, Romans 12:9-13
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- Read Phil 2:1-8. What attitude are we to have toward serving others? How did Jesus model it? How do you feel as you think about what Jesus did to serve you?
- Who is most difficult for you to serve?
- Read Acts 2:44-45 and Romans 12:9-13; what do these passages say about serving and sacrifice?
- In what ways to we see the church today living this out?
- If the church does this well, what does it show those outside the church?
- How can we do this better within the community of “our” CG?.. of our church?
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for the hurting families, communities and police departments affected by the last week’s events. Pray for salvation of those that do not know Jesus; for comfort & healing; for reconciliation.