“[think HGTV] Share one thing you have (or would like to) “re-purpose” at your house.”
9/11 & 9/18 NEW Bible Study opportunities - more info at CG tent 9/11 & 9/18
- Adult Study - ‘Doctrines of God Study’ Sundays at 10:30am
- Ladies Study - Precepts: Genesis Part 1 - Thur AM and PM (9-wks)
- Ladies Study - ‘Living Victoriously in Difficult Times’ - Wed PM (6-wks, no homework study)
9/17 Men’s Breakfast & Campus cleanup - 8am in Fellowship Hall
9/18 “All In” Sunday … with Church-wide Picnic - 4:00-5:30… and Vision Night - 5:30-7:00pm!
9/30 Mosaic: the Art of Discipleship - women’s event 7-9pm; more info at themount.church/events
“Broken” sermon series - Wk4. Last week we looked at Psalm 51 and David’s response to his brokenness through confession & repentance. This week we explore how God not only forgives, heals, redeems, and restores ‘the broken’ but God also USES ‘the broken’ in accomplishing his divine works. God has a plan for you and I. He “re-purposes” us all for His glory.
Key Passages: 1 Cor 1:18-31; 2 Cor 4:3; Peter's example: (Jn 13:36-38),(18:15-18, 25-27) (21:15-19)
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- [ask the group to] Share a person in the bible with whom you can relate to their brokenness. [leader be prepared to share one as well]
- God has used millions of people to do His plans, how many perfect people has God used? (1)
- When you see people being open about their “brokenness”/sin, what feelings/thoughts do you have?
- Read 1 Cor 1:18-31. Regarding v26-31…
- … who does God choose to use? (the foolish, weak, lowly, despised, even things that are not)
- … why? (God doesn’t want boasters v29)
- GOING DEEPER: What has God been telling you to do but you haven’t obeyed yet… because you don’t feel worthy, smart enough, brave enough, educated enough, etc?
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for a renewed “confidence” in the Lord for believers in the church; to follow, to serve, to obey Christ in everything. Pray for an “ALL IN” surrender from us all.