“How many different schools have you attended in your life?”
9/18 NEW Bible Study opportunities starting this coming week -
- Adult Study - ‘Doctrines of God Study’ Sundays 10:30am Student Ctr Rm 207; starts 9/25
- Ladies Study - Precepts: Genesis Part 1 - Thur AM 9:30am and 6:30pm (9-wks); starts 9/22
- Ladies Study - ‘Living Victoriously in Difficult Times’ - Wed PM (6-wks, no homework; 9/21)
9/18 “All In” Sunday … with Church-wide Picnic - 4:00-5:30… and Vision Night - 5:30-7:00pm!
9/30 Mosaic: the Art of Discipleship - women’s event 7-9pm; more info at themount.church/events
“ALL IN” - what does it mean? To be “all in”? We see examples all over the bible about God using people who … 1) were not perfect, but 2) were “all in”. Let’s look at the implications of believers living “all in” for Jesus!
Key Passages: Mark 8:34-38; Rom 1:16; Gal 5:16-25; Lk 5:28
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- What are a few things in life that can ONLY be done “all the way”? (jumping off high dive or out of airplane, pulling into/ merging with traffic,
- When Jesus “called” the first disciples to himself, what 2 common words did he say to them? (Follow me; Lk 5:28) What did this mean for them? Describe what this looked like for them. (left their nets, left everything, new life, new purpose, left old life, etc)
- Read Mark 8:34-38.
- What does it mean to “deny himself”? (to say “no” to yourself and “yes” to God; to humbly submit your will to God)
- What does it mean to “take up his cross”? (carry your own execution device, etc)
- The Holy Spirit enables us to live “all in” (2 Pet 1:3), how do we “walk by” and “keep in step with” the Holy Spirit (Gal 5:16,25)? (surrendered will, time in Word/prayer, biblical community, ?)
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for all believers at The Mount to live “all in”… for God’s glory, the spread of Jesus’ fame, and the proclamation of the gospel.