“Thinking of your day today (or tomorrow), name one thing that has to get done.”
1/31 Ladies’ Tues AM Precept - begins 9:30 AM; themount.church/biblestudy
2/1 Financial Peace University - begins 6:30 PM Wednesdays; themount.church/fpu
2/2 Ladies’ Thur PM Precept - begins 6:30 PM; themount.church/biblestudy
2/11 Mens’ Breakfast - 8:00 AM in Fellowship Hall building
2/13 The Mount church turns 6!
“ON MISSION” - As followers of Jesus, God has given each of us a mission; He has given us “one thing that has to get done today”… and every day. :) We’ll spend the next 4 weeks discovering & unpacking the mission that God has for His people. This week, we’ll focus on glorifying God. Our primary mission in life is to bring God glory. What does it mean to glorify God?
Key Passages: Romans 15:5-7; Isaiah 6:3; Psalms 19:1, 96:1-9; John 12:27-28; 1 Cor 10:31
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- What does it mean to “glorify” something?
- What are some examples of things or people that are “glorified” in the world today?
- Why is God worthy of our praise? Why should we glorify Him above everything else? Read Isaiah 6:3 and Psalms 96:1-9.
- As Jesus considers the cross, we read about His angst and His purpose. Read John 12:27-28. What does Jesus say HIS purpose is? (that God’s name is glorified)
- What are some ways that we can glorify God in our hearts and minds?
- What can we do to show the world God’s glory? What will you do differently this week to make sure that God is being glorified in your life? 1 Cor 10:31
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray that God will be glorified at The Mount and through The Mount. Pray for Keller and the greater Keller area to know the Lord and His glory!
- to make glorious by bestowing honor, praise and admiration; to give glory; to praise & worship
- means feeling and thinking and acting in ways that reflect his greatness, that make much of God, that give evidence of the supreme greatness of all his attributes and the all-satisfying beauty of his manifold perfections. (desiringgod.org)