“What was your most memorable vacation as a kid?”
1/8 Meet The Mount - after 2nd service in Student Center for those interested in learning more about The Mount.
1/11 EQUIP Training Night - all are invited to this special training night 6:30pm; NO Wed CG's!
1/15 & 1/22 Membership Matters - 10:30am in Student Center
1/18 Wed - Financial Peace Univ. Preview Night 6:30p in Children's Bdg; 1st FPU class on 2/1; normal CG schedule + kids/student ministries on 1/18.
2/2 STEPS begins - 13-wk study; registration open now online.
- Ladies bible studies: Precepts Tu AM & Th PM, plus a Wed PM study; full details at mount.church/biblestudy
“When our perspective of the Lord changes, our posture before the Lord changes and our plans for the Lord change. We saw last week that Isaiah was humbled at the sight of God. He lowered himself, was cleansed by God and then set on fire by God. This week, we will look at Paul on the road to Damascus. We'll see how Paul's posture and plans change as he encounters Christ.
Key Passages: Isaiah 6:1-3, Acts 9:1-22
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- In your own words, how did Isaiah describe his vision of the Lord?
- Can you think of some ways that people picture God? Do you think people today have a small view of God or a big view of God? What makes you think that?
- What did Saul think of Jesus when the story began in Acts 9? How did his understanding of Jesus affect his actions?
- What happens to Saul on the road to Damascus? Describe it in your own words.
- Have you ever had an encounter with the Lord that changed your view of him? Have you ever learned something that made you think about Jesus in a new way?
- How did encountering Jesus change Paul’s life? How has encountering Jesus changed your life?
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for genuine encounters with Jesus that will daily set our eyes on Him and for the conviction and power of the Holy Spirit to live a surrendered and obedient life following Him.