2/13 The Mount church turns 6! - Praise God for his work then, now and yet to come!
2/15 Paint That House - 6:30-7:45pm; check kids in to Wed PM ministries & walk over to house; all supplies provided; just need able bodies in paint clothes :)
2/18 “Prepare the House” Workday - Oak Hill Street house furniture move-in & decorate
2/26 Next Gen Parent Meeting - For parents of all kids & students. Save date, more info soon.
3/3 Orphan Care Fellowship - 6:30-8:00pm, Student Center (*CG Opportunity to serve- see email*)
3/5 Family Dedication - themount.church/dedication to register
“Share something your parents “always told you”, a nugget, or common phrase.” (these shape us one way or other
“ON MISSION” … at The Mount, glorifying God as disciples making disciples through the gospel of Jesus Christ. - As disciples and followers of Jesus, we are called to invite others to “follow Christ”. We do this by sharing the gospel with them. This is a non-negotiable part of being a disciple who makes disciples. If we believe that Jesus truly is “THE way, THE truth and THE life” and we believe what the Bible says about the reality of heaven & hell and the clarity of our calling to “make disciples”, we MUST go and tell. We must have an urgency to share the gospel with this lost and broken world. But this is hard, or can be, or at least feels like it is often. - Know Gospel. Live Gospel. Share Gospel.
Key Passages: Romans 10:9-13; Romans 5:6-8; 1 John 1:9; Mark 16:15; Matt 28:18-20
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- What is the gospel? (let someone else, or couple people, state this in their own words)
- God made all things and is perfectly holy; Man is sinful, separated & subject to wrath of God; Jesus fully God, fully man, sinless, died for you as propitiation (“wrath absorber”) for our sins; Respond with repentance from sins and belief/trust in Jesus’ finished work on cross
- “As disciples”… how do we live THROUGH THE GOSPEL? (i.e., … working out our salvation daily (Ph 2:12)... his Mercies are made new daily (Lamentations 3:22-24)... sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit on our lives (Jn 16:7-8)… etc)
- “Making disciples”… how do we do this THROUGH THE GOSPEL? (i.e., … being a witness (Mk 16:15 "go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation")... teaching others to observe all that Jesus has commanded us in scripture, including gospel (Mt 28:20) … etc)
- If tomorrow you were to live every second “through” the lens of the “gospel”, …
- What might you do different? How might you be different?
- Describe some characteristics of yourself that you would have. (Gal 5:22)
- Ask if someone has a method of sharing Jesus they would like to share with group.
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for a renewed urgency to share the gospel with others; for us to truly live out the gospel in our lives and to be “unashamed”. (Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes.)
RESOURCES and FURTHER STUDY
“… glorify God … as disciples … making disciples … Through the Gospel …”