2/26 Mount Parent Gathering - For all parents of the “next generation” (birth-12th), 4:30-5:30; meet ministry leaders, learn summer events, and more! Let us know you are coming at themount.church/parents
3/3 Orphan Care Fellowship - 6:30-8:00pm, Student Center; childcare available courtesy of the College & Young Adult CG (Thank You!!)
3/5 Family Dedication - Go to themount.church/dedication to register
“What is the last book you have read?”
n looking at our Mission Statement as a church “to glorify God as disciples making disciples through the gospel”, we want to slow down to answer the question “Yes, but how?”. How do we live as disciples, how to we make disciples? The Bible tells us that faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. God has given us His written revelation in his Word. He has given us the Holy Spirit to help us know and understand Him and His Word. We need to start here.
Key Passages: Josh. 1:8; Rom. 10:17; Heb. 4:12; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; Ps. 119:11, 105; Ps. 1:1-2
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- Someone just landed here from living on the moon their whole life, how would you explain to them what the Bible is?
- Why is the Bible so important to the Christian? (It is divinely inspired, basis of our belief, God’s love letter to man, reveals God’s attributes, teaches us how to live holy lives & be a fruitful witness.)
- Assign out the Key Passages above & have them read each out loud to your group.
- Ask your CG, “What or where are you reading currently in the Bible? What is your routine for reading your Bible look like?” (Note: This is not “boasting” but encouragement to each other. We learn from each other.)
- For accountability, does anyone want to share a new commitment to reading the Bible?
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for a renewed commitment and passion to read the Bible; for God to reveal Himself to us through His Word.
RESOURCES and FURTHER STUDY