3/11-3/19 Spring Break Week - Keller ISD
3/15 NO Wed Night CG’s, Students or Kids Ministry - no Wed PM ministries on campus
3/15-3/17 Student’s “Mission 127” - local missions Wed-Fr of Spring Break, 10a-2p, 7th-12th
3/25 CG Leader Training - 9:30am-11:00am, Student Center; open invitation
4/5 Egg Stuffing Night - Wed PM we will stuff 10,000 eggs in preparation for the Egg Scramble
4/8 Egg Scramble - Bring candy donations to Worship Center foyer
“What is your most common (or favorite) place to pray?”
In looking at our Mission Statement as a church “to glorify God as disciples making disciples through the gospel”, we want to slow down to answer the question “Yes, but how?”. How do we live as disciples, how to we make disciples? Last week we looked at the necessity of a disciple to be in the Word of God daily. This week we will dive into what does communication with God look like. What is a healthy prayer life? How do I pray? Why should I pray?
Key Passages: James 5:14-16; Jn 14:13-14; Phil 4:6-7; 1 Thess 5:17-18; Ps 107:28-30; Ps 40:1
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- Read the Bible passages above. What are some of God’s promises for us as we pray?
- What does your time in prayer look like? (let a few people share)
- Do you have a pattern or plan in your prayer life? What are some obstacles to having a regular prayer life?
- What are ways you can be more consistent in prayer?
- When is the last time you saw God answer a prayer of yours? (yes, no or even wait)
- Why should we pray?
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for a devoted commitment to prayer as had the early believers Acts 2:42; Pray for a fresh perspective on the power and privilege of prayer.
RESOURCES and FURTHER STUDY