7/16 Alliance Campus Vision Night Q&A 2 - 5 pm; ice cream fellowship to follow
7/23 VBS Family Night - 6:00 - 8:30pm; Games, Quest, & more + free food for the whole family!
7/23-7/27 VBS - register yourself (volunteer) and your kids TODAY at themount.church/vbs
8/9 Back to School Bash - Wed 6:30pm; outdoor party for families
8/27 CG Leader Training - Save the Date; Sunday after 2nd service 12-2pm; lunch provided
“When you were a child, what gave you contentment (happiness & satisfaction)?”
his week we look at Phil 4:10-13. Paul shares his gratitude to the church at Philippi for their support. He warmly thanks them once again for supporting his mission, but he also takes the opportunity to explain that he has learned to be content, with little or much. “Rejoice!” - Philippians series.
Key Passages: Phil 4:10-13; Luke 12:22, 30-31; Prov 3:5-6
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed). - - Have someone read Phil 4:10-13.
- Brotherly Concern
- Do you find yourself concerned about spreading the gospel? Do you find yourself thinking about those ministers and missionaries who are spreading the gospel?
- In what ways can you/we express genuine love and concern for those like Paul who vocationally are spreading the gospel?
- Godly Contentment-
- What does Paul mean by “whatever situation I am to be content” v11?
- How has God sustained you in times of plenty and times of want?
- In what ways do you find it a struggle to be content?
- Bold Confidence
- Philippians 4:13 has often been quoted for sports…is this what Paul is talking about here?
- What are the “all things” specifically Paul is referring to?
- What is the “secret” Paul learned in v12? (hint: read v13 - that Christ is his strength)
- Where do we find our strength to be content? How can we develop a life of contentment in this world?
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for our trust in Christ to grow; that we would truly trust Him in all circumstances and learn to live in the strength that comes only from Him. May God grant us more faith in Him!
RESOURCES and FURTHER STUDY
Philippians Chapter 4
10 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.