7/23 VBS Family Night - 6:00 - 8:30pm; Games, Quest, & more + free food for the whole family!
7/23-7/27 VBS - register yourself (volunteer) and your kids TODAY at themount.church/vbs
8/9 Back to School Bash - Wed 6:30pm; outdoor party for families
8/16 Wednesday Nights - CG’s, *Kids (Birth-6th) and Student ministries start back up!
*We have a NEW & EXCITING Wed. PM ministry program for K-6th grade! Wednesdays 6:30-7:45
8/27 CG Leader Training - Save the Date!; Sunday after 2nd service 12-2pm; lunch provided
8/30 Student “Color War” - Students invite friends to this annual Fall kickoff event for students!
“What is a recent example of someone helping you with something?” (connection: God uses people to support and help one another for the sake of the gospel.)
his week we look at Phil 4:14-20. We will see how financial giving and support of the mission of the church brings us into a gospel partnership, fruitful ministry, worship of our God and a strengthened faith. We will discuss what it means to be true “gospel partners”. “Rejoice!” - Philippians series.
Key Passages: Phil 4:14-20, Matthew 6:19-24
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed). - - - Have someone read Phil 4:10-20.
- Gospel Partnership v14-16
- Do you see your giving to the local church as impacting the kingdom globally?
- Do you view money as necessary for ministry?
- What in your life is hindering your giving regularly, sacrificially and generously to the gospel ministry?
- Heavenly Rewards: v.17-20
- Paul said when we give, it increases to our own credit. How does this match up with Matthew 6:19-24 and Jesus teaching on treasures and money?
- What is the promise Paul shares here to those who are giving found in vs. 19?
- What is the end result of financial giving to the gospel, v.20?
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Pray for us all to grow in generosity towards God and others with all that we have to steward - time, talents & resources. Specifically pray that grow a spirit of gospel partnership through financial giving.
RESOURCES and FURTHER STUDY
Philippians Chapter 4
14 Yet it was kind of you to share my trouble. 15 And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only. 16 Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again. 17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit. 18 I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God. 19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 20 To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.
OTHER - Some helpful short articles