9/10 Alliance Campus - 5:00 p.m. Final Soft Launch service; themount.church/alliance
9/14-9/24 Growth Group opportunities starting up - All info at themount.church/growthgroups
STEPS (9/14), Ladies’ Bible studies (9/19-21), Doctrines of God (9/21), Launching Multipliers! (9/20)
9/17 Alliance Launch Date & ALL IN Sunday! - Invite your neighbors & friends back to church!
9/24 “Teach us to PRAY” - New sermon series and 40-day prayer journey for the church!
9/27 See You at The Pole - be a light at your school at 7:00am; find out more, www.syatp.com
10/1 Meet The Mount (Keller & Alliance)
10/8, 10/15, 10/22 Membership Matters (Keller & Alliance) themount.church/path
10/6 "Songs for the Mission" Night of Worship - CD Release Party - 7pm, Worship Center Keller
10/13-14 “Delight” Women’s Retreat - themount.church/women
“Without saying something someone else has already said… Name something that requires more than one person to accomplish?”
We wrapped up 1 Peter last week. This week we and next we look at how we are “better together” as we live “all in” for Jesus. This Sunday’s message leads and builds up to our big “All In” Sunday on 9/17. We look specifically at how together … one encounter, one conversation, one act and one invite can change our community, our relationship with Jesus and give God glory! Worship, Belong, Serve, Multiply … for the sake of the gospel … for God’s glory … and for our good.
Key Passages: Romans 12:1-2; Hebrews 10:24-25; Luke 10:25-37; Matt 25:31-40; Romans 10:12-15
- Ask if someone can give the primary sermon points to refresh the message (be prepared to do this yourself if needed).
- One Encounter: Read Rom 12:1-2 & James 4:8. What do these verses say about our Worship?
- How do you like to “draw close” to God? For you, what brings you into His presence?
- One Conversation: Read Heb 10:24-25. What does this verse say about Belonging?
- How has God used other people in your life to bring you closer to Him?
- What are some negatives to staying isolated from other Christians too much?
- One Act: Pop quiz question… “what question was Jesus answering when he told the parable of the Good Samaritan?” (a lawyer testing Jesus asked, “And who is my “neighbor” [that I am to love]?” Luke 10:29)
- Someone read Luke 10:25-37; we are to “go, and do likewise”… what are some ways we can to this inside the church? … and outside the church?
- How does Serving bring life to others?
- One Invite: Read Romans 10:12-15. How does these verses challenge you?
- What does it say must happen for someone to call on the Lord (respond) and be saved? (Someone must be sent [all of us Matt 28:19] -> someone must preach [Mk 16:15] -> so they can hear & respond)
- Read Mk 16:15, do you feel like this verse applies to you? Why or why not?
- Who do you need to talk to about Jesus this week or Invite to ALL IN Sunday? We can all do something. (Suggestion: go around group and have each person share one name to invite)
- Ask if there are any other personal observations or takeaways from the scripture or sermon.
Matthew 9:37-38 - Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest."
RESOURCES and FURTHER STUDY
Acts 2 - The Fellowship of the Believers
…look for elements of Worship, Belong, Serve, Multiply!
- 42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.
- 43 And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles.
- 44 And all who believed were together and had all things in common.
- 45 And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need.
- 46 And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts,
- 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.